Monday, August 3, 2009

New Moving Update

Ah, this move is so fickle, I tell you! One minute we're staying and renting, then we're moving soon to a certain house, then it's all changed again!

We're still moving August 21st and 22nd, but this time, we are moving to Herriman, right near Riverton (both cities were used as addresses interchangeably when I google mapped it). The house in South Jordan sounded like a great place to live, but after really crunching the numbers, we decided that while we could make it work, it would be really hard with no wiggle room for extras we might need in Utah, like snow tires and warmer winter clothes that we don't already have. So we found a better deal on a house in Herriman that will work out just fine. Still about 20 minutes from Jordan Landing and the Draper stores, give or take a few minutes, which is way better than the 50-60+ minutes it takes Corey now to drive to work.

We also won't be going to Utah to look around, we're going by the pictures and by the fact that the landlord is putting in new carpet and having it all cleaned professionally that it will be nice. It's a new house, built in 2007. One drawback will be Westley being bussed to a school that's further away than about 3 schools close by, but the school is still only a 10 minute drive from our house.

Anyway, I will send the new address out by email when we seal the deal and sign the contract, which should be in a couple days.

I feel much more settled about this and confident that things will work out.

1 comment:

Michael and Lindsey said...

Things WILL work out, although sometimes it doesn't seem like it! What are you doing Friday night? Do you and Corey want to go bowling? Call me soon so I know if we need to get a sitter.