Valentine's Day was a Friday this year. Since I usually work on Fridays at the school, I was fully expecting that to be a work day for me. I found out the week before that we had it off because all the classes were having Valentine's parties and there wouldn't be time for PLC's (the teacher collaboration time during which we teach values and art). Since Corey had already scheduled himself to have the day off and work the night shift, I decided to go ahead and volunteer to help out in the class parties. I was able to help in all four of my kids' classes because fortunately, they were all happening at different times. I went in at 10 am and got done when the school day was over at 1:25 pm. I really enjoyed it.
Westley and I created a Star Wars Valentine's box. He is really into Star Wars right now and came up with the idea to do R2-D2 for his box. Of course, he saved it until Thursday, at which time, he almost gave up because it was hard. But, Mom to the rescue! I came up with a way to make the R2-D2. You can't tell that there is a sideways shoebox in there, but there is. We will definitely be saving this one for future use!
For a Valentine's Day date, Corey and I had to go out on Saturday, the 15th because he was working Friday night. We walked over to Kneader's in the morning for breakfast. Then we spent the morning doing our usual Saturday cleaning and errands. Then Corey and I went to the temple to do sealings. After the temple, we went to Ruth's Chris steakhouse in downtown SLC. It was an enjoyable day.


No comments:
Post a Comment