Monday, December 26, 2016
Christmas 2016
Christmas fell on a Sunday this year, so we had a special musical Sacrament meeting. Eliza and Annmarie wore their Christmas dresses that I made. I played the piano for the primary musical numbers and one other musical number where I accompanied someone on the violin. I also sang in the choir. I had forgotten how much I loved participating in musical activities and I'm glad I did this year.
Christmas itself wasn't a grandiose affair for us (I guess it never really is). Since we started doing the "something you want, something you need, something to wear, something to read" several years ago, it has really simplified it. This year we didn't even do Santa gifts, mostly because our funds were extremely limited. The kids still gave each other gifts and they did homemade gifts again. I didn't get pictures, but I will list what they made.
Westley made a drum for Annmarie out of a hot chocolate can.
Caleb made a paper light saber for Westley.
Travis made a book for Caleb.
Eliza made a pillowcase for Travis. (I taught her basic sewing skills)
Jonah made a paper doll set for Eliza.
Annmarie made a light saber out of a pool noodle for Jonah, which only lasted a day but was fun anyway.
Merry Christmas!
Labels:
holidays
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment