I took pictures at all of the border crossings except for two. We didn't stop for one leaving Texas and going into Oklahoma for two reasons--one, the weather was horrible, torrential rain and thunderstorms. We even had to pull off the road to wait for some of it to pass because it was so heavy that I couldn't see to drive and two, I never did see a sign (though it was hard looking for one with the bad weather). The other one we missed was going into California. We didn't stop there because the traffic between Las Vegas and California was SO bad that we couldn't stop and wouldn't have wanted to take the time anyway. That was absolutely the worst part of the trip, the stretch between Las Vegas and the California border (and even beyond, all the way to Baker). I can't seem to find the one for New Mexico either.
My absolute favorite part of the whole drive was the Black Hills in South Dakota. Just breathtaking. If the winters weren't so harsh, I'd love to live there! There were so many great sights to see and we generally just enjoyed the drive. We did stop in Idaho Falls to see where Westley was born and the house we lived in and we also gassed up there. Interestingly enough, at the gas station, we ran into a family from Andrea's ward in Montana. I can't remember how we made the connection, but it was kind of a fun coincidence. And it was raining for part of the drive through Montana and into Idaho and Utah too. We saw beautiful country and drove through thirteen states. We played the license plate game and found all the states except for Rhode Island (yes, even Alaska and Hawaii). I wish we could take a trip like that every year, but alas, it just can't happen.
Here are the border crossing pictures at all the borders we did stop at.











No comments:
Post a Comment