Sunday, June 30, 2019
Summer Trip, First Leg of the Journey
We took a long summer trip this year up to Utah and then down to Arizona. For the first part of the trip. Corey stayed home to work and then Caleb chose to stay with him. So I drove with the other kids through Amarillo, Texas, over through New Mexico to Four Corner and up through Colorado into Utah. We stopped at Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo and also at Four Corners. Four Corners was out of the way some, but I didn't know if we'd have another chance to go that much out of the way again, being that we weren't in any kind of hurry, so we took the opportunity to make it part of our trip. The drive was gorgeous through that part of New Mexico and into Colorado and up through Utah, so I'm glad we took that route. We took it in 2-1/2 days too. We started after church on Sunday and drove to Amarillo and stayed there. Then we drove through New Mexico and stopped at Four Corners before driving the rest of the way to our hotel in Cortez, Colorado. I made sure to get hotels with swimming pools and breakfast buffets. We made it to Provo, Utah on Tuesday in the early afternoon where we spent about a week with John and Allison and their family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment