Sunday, September 23, 2007

Travis Turns ONE!



Well, we actually celebrated Travis' first birthday two days before the actual birthday. That way we could have a more relaxed dinner with Corey not having to rush off to work. (Turns out, he came down sick Saturday morning and missed work on Sunday anyway...)



Grandma and Grandpa Fowles joined the celebration and we had fun opening gifts (the older boys did all the gift opening for Travis). Travis really loves his new toy cell phone, courtesy of Nana King, and his stuffed football from G.G. He hasn't really had much chance to play with the little people sets he got from his grandparents and parents because his older brothers have been hogging those, but the few moments he's had, he seems to enjoy those too!






I made a cool baseball glove cake, which I'm quite proud of. I can't take all the credit, I got the idea from the June issue of Parents magazine. It's fitting because Westley had a football cake, Caleb had just a spherical baseball cake, and now Travis has a baseball glove cake for the first birthday. He actually dove right into the baseball cupcake that was placed on top of the cake and put his own face in it! With Westley, he wouldn't even try it, so Corey shoved his face in. But Travis had already had doses of frosting earlier, so I'm sure he recognized that! He then had a lot of fun playing in the cupcake after it was smashed to bits on his tray. I'm not sure he really ate very much of it...

Happy Birthday Travis! Already one!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I can't believe the little smiley cupid is one!! ANd the cake does look tremendous! I loved that they each had sporty cakes. I need some of your talent. Though last year I did make Makenna a Strawberry Shortcake character cake. You will be in that girl world soon enough, fun fun!!

JennaK said...

My mom made fun cakes for us most of the time growing up...I just had to carry on the tradition. It's the best part of birthdays for my kids, I think, getting a fun cake. I can't wait to be able to do girlie cakes too!