Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Travis Turns 2!

Our beautiful little Travis Ives King!
Born: September 23, 2006

This is the hospital picture taken on September 24, 2006, just before we went home.


Here is Travis just before turning one, making a mess as always!


And this is Travis yesterday. He is making his "pirate face".

Here is Travis' cake:


The boys have been obsessed with black widow spiders these last months, checking out every book from the public library that you can possibly imagine on the subject. So I made him a black widow birthday cake. Pretty creepy, huh? When Westley got home from school, he had three observations: #1) the hourglass is on the wrong side of the abdomen (yes, I realized this, but I needed to put it there for decoration's sake); #2) there were no spinnerets, and #3) where were the eyes? He did congratulate me, saying it looked "cool".

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Looks so great and creepy! I bet he will remember that one for a long time. (I'm on the LDSMoms group and saw your post about the cake.)

Ella said...

happy birthday, travis!

jenna, i'm very impressed with your creative cake-making abilities!! :)

Jenny said...

2 Already?! I remember when you brought him home. I love his pirate face, Travis has such cute expressions. Your cake looks awesome!! Makes me look forward to Halloween, you always make fun cakes! ive got a few bdays coming up so dont be surprised if i ask you for help with cakes.

Michael and Lindsey said...

I can't believe it's already been two years! Your cake looks great! How did the black frosting taste? I've been told by those more talented than I that delicious black frosting can be a challenge.

PC said...

I, too, find the pirate face to be quite amusing.