Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sleep, No Sleep

It seems my life is an endless cycle of sleep, no sleep. Of course, the no sleep cycles always seem to be at the forefront. We are currently going through one of those. I don't know why I even bother going to bed at night sometimes, I get up so many times for different things with different children. Caleb is my night owl, always up about 4 times before he finally settles down for the night. Travis has been waking up screaming in various parts of our end of the house at various times of night. I think he might sleepwalk. One night, I found him curled up in the middle of the hallway! Then there's Eliza. She is almost 9 months old and still getting up at least once every night. She did actually sleep through until 5 am over the weekend (Friday, Saturday AND Sunday nights), but the last two nights has reverted back to her old wake-up time of 3:00 am. I really am at a loss. She's eating plenty during the day, but at 3 am, she always sucks down 7-8 ounces of formula before going back to sleep. Last night, I didn't feed her, I just moved her to her port-a-crib, which is still set up in our closet from John and Allison's stay here on Friday night. I think she went back to sleep. I don't really know. I shut the closet door and the bathroom door and then put my earplugs in.

So that's how it goes here. Aside from the kids always waking up (Westley has had a few bad dream nights, but otherwise, he sleeps all night, though he still keeps really early hours in the morning--5:30 am is the norm), Corey has been working tons of night shifts and getting into bed at about 2:30 am, which is when my day really starts. Being that as it is, I think I'm going to cut this vent short and head off to bed. Last night was one of the harder nights, and I'm plum tuckered out!

No comments: