Travis, having a rough time (as usual), was on the floor crying (screaming at the top of his lungs, really) because I told him he had to wait until I was done helping them brush their teeth before I would read to him. I have been dealing with this day in and day out for several months--Travis' temper tantrums. Nothing seems to quiet them except him getting his way, and since that doesn't happen, he often lays there screaming for a really long time. Often, I move him to his room and tell him to stay there until he calms down, but usually that just escalates the tantrum.
While he was having this tantrum, Eliza happened to walk by. Travis was sitting there, holding the book in his lap, just screaming, when Eliza stopped, looked at him, then put her hand on his shoulder and back and started patting him. She bent down and puckered up and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Travis looked up at her, looking like he was going to sock her in the face, but I said, "Look, Eliza is helping you feel better!"
So Travis stood up and gave Eliza a big bear hug, during which they both collapsed, laughing, and Travis was screaming no more, his tantrum forgotten. They hugged and kissed a little while more.
It was so sweet to see Eliza reach out to him. She still isn't really talking, so she did it in her own special way. I love it when my children are loving and kind toward one another!
6 comments:
aww they are so cute. I can't wait to baby-sit during corey's commencement! I miss your adorable kids!
that is just too sweet!!
thanks, jenna, for emailing me that easter cookie recipe. i can't wait to use it next year!
Oh that's so sweet of her!
sweet. :) Scarlett doesn't say much either. she seems to understand some things but she won't really talk either.
That is so sweet! I love it when the kids comfort each other. Timothy has the ability to defuse a bad temper much better than I. It is so amazing to watch the kids together! I'm glad you wrote about this.
It's amazing, isn't it? I love when my little 2 year old boy comforts his 7 month old sister. It's just so sweet!
Post a Comment