Tuesday, September 15, 2009

2-1/2 Weeks

In 2-1/2 weeks, we will be on our way to Utah. Am I remotely ready? No. I have so much to do, I'm starting to go into full panic mode, which means that I can't think straight enough to plan my next step. I have phone calls to make (cancel utilities, call the schools, call doctor offices, etc.). I have stuff to go through--we can probably get rid of about half the stuff in one room alone! I have to start packing. We will be arriving in Utah just as it starts to get cold, so I need to make sure the winter clothes (what little we actually have) are accessible.

Then there's all the things I should do before moving, like fixing the piano bench and patching a couch cushion. We also have to repair a hole in the drywall before we move. In addition to the things we have to do (the phone calls, the bills, the cancellations, the records--school and medical), there are things we'd like to do--swimming at my parents' house one more time, going out with certain friends one more time, etc. I'd like to leave this ward 100% visiting teaching, I still have 2 visits to make this month, and Corey wants to leave with 100% hometeaching and he still has a few visits to make. Little things like that!

Not to mention, we still have to figure out the actual logistics of the move--which way we will drive, if my dad is coming with us or not (and we need to figure that out soon to buy the plane ticket), if we should do it over 2 days or just 1, etc.

Add to that the fact that I still really wish we could just stay put and you have one stressed out Mama!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Ugh. Moving is the worst, and I've never even moved to a different state. Good luck!

Raych said...

you're making me stress out just reading it! I wish I could come help... good luck.