Thursday, September 10, 2009

So Responsible


Westley volunteered to make his lunch for school every morning, so who am I to argue with someone who willingly takes on the responsibility? He has a set of criteria that he meets, but the lunch varies each day. He puts in a sandwich, a fruit, a snack and a dessert. One day he might have a turkey/provolone sandwich on a roll, a banana, a fruit roll-up and a cookie. The next day, he'll have a peanut butter and honey sandwich, a sack of goldfish crackers, an apple, and a Little Debbie snack cake. We try to keep a variety of these choices in the cupboard, only having to stock up about once a month, and then he makes his lunch every morning as part of his "morning routine". I always check it to make sure he's included everything (like an ice pack) before he packs it into his backpack, but I don't actually make it. It's a great system!

1 comment:

Carter's Angels said...

Way to go Westley!! What a helper!