Today Travis Ives King is 3 Years Old! We celebrated on Sunday with a pot roast dinner, which is his favorite meal--meat, potatoes and gravy, carrots, jell-O, and rolls, with cake and ice cream for dessert. I made him a car cake. I took the easy way and used my car cake pan instead of shaping him a cool Lightning McQueen cake, which was my original intention. But, stress about moving and everything got the better of me, so I made him a regular car (though he still claimed it was a race car--whatever makes him happy!). He loved it, so it was all good. Grandma and Grandpa came for dinner and then we had Toby and the kids over for cake and ice cream as well as our home teacher and his family. It was a chaotic good time!
3 Things About Travis:
1. Travis loves to swim. He is like a fish in the water.
2. Travis is my best buddy. He is always telling everyone that I'm his best buddy.
3. Travis is the most athletically graceful child I've ever seen--if that's even a real thing. He falls with grace, he moves with grace, he climbs with grace. It's pretty amazing.
Happy Birthday Travis! He was born while we were in Japan. It's crazy that he is already 3. Time flies. The car birthday cake looks great! I can tell that he was so happy to see the cake. You are very creative. Aaron and I always talk about how creative you are.
Thank you for calling him on his birthday. He may not have cared a lot, but it meant a lot to me. Moms always notice and remember if their kids' birthdays are missed or not. So thanks for remembering!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Travis! He was born while we were in Japan. It's crazy that he is already 3. Time flies.
The car birthday cake looks great! I can tell that he was so happy to see the cake. You are very creative. Aaron and I always talk about how creative you are.
Thank you for calling him on his birthday. He may not have cared a lot, but it meant a lot to me. Moms always notice and remember if their kids' birthdays are missed or not. So thanks for remembering!
Post a Comment