My sweet Caleb turned 5 on Friday. I don't have any pictures until I get the film (gasp!) developed. Yes, film. I found and dusted off my old regular camera since the digital camera doesn't work. There happened to be a roll of film in the camera, we'll see if it even turns out, don't know how long it's been there. I finished off that roll and sent Corey to the store to buy another roll. He had trouble finding the film and had to ask where it was. There was only one rack of film and the film he bought came in a pack of 3, so we have 3 rolls to use. Hopefully we'll have a replacement digital camera soon...
Anyway, it was a great day. We had pancakes for breakfast and I made one in the shape of a turtle for Caleb. Would have gone all out and made them all into shapes, but I forgot to do shapes until I was in the very last round of pancakes, so his was the only one. Caleb got a card from Grandpa and Grandma Fowles in Arizona, in it was money to spend on a birthday gift. He and Corey went to Walmart and Caleb picked out another construction tool set--he already has two sets from birthday and Christmas last year. He now has a construction vest (orange), hat, and tool belt, complete with a new set of tools. Corey went back later and bought him a rolling tool chest, that also had more tools, to put his old tools in.
Lunch was hot dogs, a fave of Caleb's. I spent a lot of the day frosting/decorating his cake. I made him two little turtle cakes. I used the ball cake pan and made one turtle shell out of each half of the ball. I used mini cupcakes for legs and regular cupcakes for the heads. I fashioned the tails out of the scraps from the tops of the ball cake sides that I had cut off to make the bottom of the turtle shells flat. I made chocolate frosting for the base and then green frosting for the shells, accented with an even darker chocolate frosting, which came from the store. That's because the homemade frosting was so light and I knew the store chocolate was really dark. I will post pictures when I get the film developed.
We went to the zoo in the afternoon. We went ahead and purchased a zoo pass, feeling that our money for that afternoon would be better spent towards that purchase. It was $80 for the zoo pass and would have been $48 for the trip, so I figured $32 more for a whole year worth of the zoo would be good. Corey's mom was in town helping his sister move in (who is also here in UT for In-N-Out), so she was able to join us for the zoo.
Caleb, of course, picked his dinner--spaghetti, broccoli, fruit salad (with blueberries, strawberries, bananas and green grapes), garlic bread, and chocolate milk.
It was a great day!
Happy Birthday Caleb!
5 Great Things About Caleb:
1. He is very particular--he likes things to be a certain way and if they're not, he gets upset.
2. He absolutely loves animals.
3. Caleb is fascinated with tools and how things work.
4. Caleb is very sweet and loving.
5. Caleb is the family clown. He loves to make us laugh.
2 comments:
happy b-day! :)
Caleb sounds very much like Davis. I can't believe it has been 5 years!
Post a Comment