
We have an easy reader book about the Titanic, and since Westley discovered it, he has been obsessed. Today, he and his brothers spent their Sunday afternoon recreating the Titanic story out of Legos. That's right. They built a Titanic out of Legos, an iceberg and even a few lifeboats and recreated the whole thing. In church, Westley drew a sequence of the Titanic.
Why are we people so fascinated by tragedy? Of course, the sheer size of the ship and that whole part of the story may be what fascinates my son, but I think the tragedy part is probably what it is that has lured him in. That's what lured me in when I first learned about it and read about in the 5th grade.
I guess they (or we) may just miss the part that this was a real event and happened to real people, just like you or me.
No comments:
Post a Comment