When you have a family of 6 and a dog, you sometimes forget that the dog is there at all and certainly don't expect him to cause the same trouble that your children can cause. Our dog is a beagle mix named Snoopy. Eliza refers to him as "Poopy" but only because that's just how she says it. But for the last year, it has been a name that rings true with him.
Today, I spent a chunk of my Sunday afternoon cleaning dog diarrhea off the stairs. Yes, the stairs. Couldn't have happened on the kitchen floor, which is much easier to clean (no stains!). Couldn't have happened in one small, localized area. No. The bottom 7 steps of the stairs were smeared in it.
This is his fourth indoor accident in the last year. I admit, it is in part our fault. After all, we are the humans who can open and close the door for him to get outside. But he doesn't even whine when he's by the door to get outside, so sometimes I don't notice he's even there. We should have trained him with a bell, like my parents did with their dog, but I figured, he would probably just whine, so what was the difference--a ringing or a whining, either way, he gets outside. Nope, he doesn't whine to go outside. It's irritating.
And I will admit this. I'd rather clean up a similar mess from my kids than from the dog. Doggy doo is SO gross.
4 comments:
Why not put in a dog door so he can come and go when he needs to?
That does seem like the obvious solution, doesn't it? Not sure if our landlord will allow a dog door. Plus I've always been a bit wary of dog doors--if he can come and go freely, it seems like anything else could too.
LOL, now I remember why we don't have a dog!
Thanks for your comment on my MMB post. For some reason I was worried it would be taken the wrong way and I'd have an angry mob on my tail!
Hi, We sent you an email from MMB and were worried it went to spam... can you check and let us know? Thanks.
Post a Comment