Sunday, December 19, 2010

Corey's birthday

Corey turned 32 big ones on December 9th! Unfortunately, he worked all day. Also, we didn't take one picture of anything that whole day, so this picture is from the In-N-Out picnic in June.

Corey's sister Traci was still in town, so she and Jamie came over for dinner. We had lasagna, which I tried making from scratch. Now I wish I had written down what went wrong so I can correct it next time, but now that I'm writing this, I don't even remember. It just didn't quite turn out how I envisioned it, but it still tasted fine. Lasagna is one of his favorites, so that is what I made him. I also made him a banana cream pie for dessert. He opened gifts and we played some games after the kids went to bed.

For a birthday gift, I bought us tickets to see Voice Male the following week at Thanksgiving Point. Unfortunately, we also didn't take any pictures that night. We used the Outback gift cards that my parents had given us both for our birthdays and went to dinner and then to the concert. It so happens that the date was on the 15th, which is exactly 6 days after his birthday and 6 days before mine. So we thought we'd start a new tradition of doing something on the 15th every year, unless, of course, it falls on a Sunday.

We sure do love and appreciate Daddy and all he does for us. Happy birthday Corey/Daddy!

No comments: