Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Birthday



December 21st was my 33rd birthday. Not that my birthdays have ever been big, special days, because they haven't been, but this was one really kind of a downer.

Westley woke up that morning at 2 am and threw up from the top bunk. We were surprised because he'd been well for the past three days, which is why there was no throw-up bowl on his bed and he was still on the top bunk. After that, we moved everyone to floor level with a throw-up bowl by their beds.

Corey had to leave early in the morning for work because it had been snowing heavily since Monday morning, so after cleaning up the mess (the second time during the course of this illness), he went back to bed in our bed with Travis and I came downstairs with Westley and a throw-up bowl. Unfortunately, Westley spent the next three hours throwing up, so by the time he finally subsided (5 am), I was too worked up to go back to sleep, so I went upstairs to take a shower. While I was in the shower, Corey came in to tell me that Westley was now having diarrhea and had had an accident. We dealt with that and Corey went off to work after making me a cheesy egg burrito for my birthday breakfast.

That morning, I got Westley in to a same-day visit with a doctor at the office--his own doctor is not in on Tuesdays. The other kids were watched by someone in the ward. Westley was feeling better by the appointment, enough so that the doctor thought he was well enough to take to school, so I dropped him and Caleb off after lunch and came home and took a nap.

For dinner, I made myself some chicken fajitas, which Corey and I ate. I didn't think the kids would eat them, so I had chicken nuggets for them. Westley seemed perfectly fine by evening, so he had a couple nuggets and some applesauce. I didn't have a cake, but Corey had stopped at Krispi Kreme on the way home from work and picked up some donuts. He put a candle on a piece of bread for me to blow out. I got a DVD (Twilight Eclipse) and a new pair of slippers.

That is about it. That was my fabulous birthday.


No comments: