Monday, June 27, 2011

Some Days Are Like That

So this is how the day has gone so far.

Corey got home from work at 2:30 a.m. He went to sleep in the guest room so I could get more sleep in, but our room was so hot and stuffy (the fan was in the guest room) that I could not sleep. So I went in and invited him back to our room so we could both use the fan.

We have got to install ceiling fans in this house!

Anyway, he proceeded to tell me that instead of getting up at 8 am and exercising as he had planned and then leaving for work by 9:30, he had to be to work early because somebody had called in sick. So instead of sleeping until 8 and getting some exercise in (if Corey doesn't start on Mondays with the exercising, he just doesn't exercise all week), he had to be up at 7 to leave for work.

So I didn't sleep the rest of the night because when he gets less sleep and no exercise, I always worry myself sick about his health. Lame, I know, but I can't turn my brain off no matter how hard I try to think of something else or nothing else.

Then Jonah woke up at 6. Along with three of the other four. So I got up, made a bottle, changed Jonah's diaper, and handed him off to the 6-year-old. Then I went to the store.

You see, on Saturday, I bought a swimsuit for Eliza that didn't fit. But by the time she tried it on, Corey had gone to work and I really didn't feel like heading back to Walmart with all five kids to exchange it. Plus, Walmart didn't have any small plastic diaper covers that are required in every public swimming pool in the state of Utah. So I thought, I'll run to Target for the diaper covers and then to Walmart to exchange the swimsuit all before Corey has to go to work. Originally, I was going to do that while he was exercising from 8-9.

Wrong again. Target was not open until 8 and Walmart did not have a larger size of that or any other young girl's swimsuit.

When I got home, Jonah was screaming and Corey was upstairs getting ready for work. So I made another two ounces of bottle, directed the kids to get their own cereal for breakfast, and headed upstairs to feed him and put him down for a morning nap.

After I laid the baby in the crib is when all screaming erupted.

I ran downstairs. Corey had already left into the garage to actually leave for work and he had run back in the house also to see what was happening.

Eliza was standing by the table in her purple leotard screaming because the apple juice that had been in the pitcher (almost a full quart of it) was all over her, the chair, the table and the floor. It was even in the bowls of cereal.

This happens every time I try to let the kids get themselves breakfast. They simply cannot have a simple bowl of cereal without spilling something all over the whole kitchen.

So they were banished from the kitchen without finishing breakfast (I am SO mean) and I cleaned up the mess.

The next part of the day was hitting Target with five kids looking for a swimsuit for her and some plastic swim pants.

But I don't want to go there. That's a memory I'd like to forget.

1 comment:

Tiffany Wacaser said...

Yikes! I've have been there, unfortunately. Hope it got better.

And I don't like going to the store with my kids either. It's stressful.