Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day


We didn't do much on Valentine's Day this year. I tried to make it a day for the whole family to celebrate. The older boys had their parties at school. I was going to have a preschool party for Eliza and Travis to invite some of their friends from church and play games, decorate cookies, etc., similar to some I've done in the past, but I never got around to organizing it, which is okay since I ended up sick all that week anyway.

I did do a special dinner for the whole family. I decorated the table with flowers and hearts. I also made a special valentine for each member of the family (minus Jonah--too little for valentines!) and put it by their plates. For dinner, we had a delicious meal of steak, steamed vegetables, rolls, and red jello with bananas.  I mixed up a special drink of strawberry-kiwi juice mixed with 7-up.  We had a big cookie cake from Mrs. Fields, of which I forgot to take a picture.  But it was a very nice dinner.  I think we'll make that a tradition rather than going out. 

No comments: