Monday, September 24, 2012

Travis Turns Six

Travis turned six this year. He started kindergarten this year and then turned six only a few weeks into the year.  When both Westley and Caleb turned six, they were allowed to have a birthday party.  I asked Travis if he wanted a birthday party too and he did, but then I saw that the circus was going to be in town the weekend of his birthday and found a coupon for discount tickets.  So I asked him to choose between having a birthday party or going as a family to the circus and he chose the circus. 

Travis was the star student on his birthday at school.  I got to come read the class a book and pass out treats.

We made circus waffles for breakfast on the day we went to the circus.

Travis got to pick a souvenir as one of his birthday gifts and he chose this light-up sword, that only lasted for two more days before one of the other kids broke it in half :(

The kids in front of a circus poster.  We all really enjoyed the circus, even Jonah was enthralled.

On the Sunday of Travis' birthday, we drove up the canyon to see the fall colors.

Travis chose a dragon for  his birthday cake

Blowing out the candles

No comments: