So, Westley turned eleven years old on May 8th. I made him a LEGO cake. He got a Star Wars LEGO set that I had to special order because they don't make it anymore and a new ipod (to replace the one that Corey and I misplaced).
Westley really is growing into a fine young man. He is a very talented artist and gifted musically. He is a good big brother (when he chooses to be) and a good helper around the house. In the coming year, I won't be surprised that he will pass me up in height. He is very close already. I just can't believe that he is growing up so fast!
On another note, the kids are changing schools next year because of a boundary realignment. We are very disappointed, as Silver Crest has been a wonderful school for us. Well, Westley got accepted to a local charter school to start middle school next year. I had put all the kids on the waiting list a few years ago, not thinking they'd really get in. It was because Silver Crest changed from a traditional calendar to year round. Several families in our ward have their kids in this charter school (Providence Hall). We decided to let him choose whether to go to Foothills or to Providence Hall, and he chose Providence. So he will be starting middle school (6th grade) next fall. The only drawback is that they do not offer band to sixth graders. Most likely, we will have him continue with band at one of the elementary schools.
Happy birthday, Westley!
No comments:
Post a Comment