Monday, January 26, 2015

Mimosa Park

On Martin Luther King Day, it was nice out, so I took the kids to Mimosa Park.  Mimosa Park is a park that my brothers and I played at in our childhood.  It was in the neighborhood I grew up in, so we would ride our bikes or walk there.  I remember figuring out how to play tennis at the tennis courts there and collecting tennis balls that we would find in the dirt.  The playground has changed (of course in today's highly litigious world they had to remove the fun things like the merry-go-round and the teeter-totters), but they still had swings, a baseball field, and the fun creek that runs along the border of the park. 

The older four kids really loved playing down by the creek and spent a lot of the time there exploring it while I stayed with Jonah and Annmarie on the playground.  On the way home we stopped at Braum's for an ice cream treat.  It was a great way to spend a day off of school.














No comments: