We went to our neighborhood HOA Easter Egg Hunt and party the Friday before Easter. They had a balloon artist there making things out of balloons. My boys requested guns. Jonah's in the only one that survived the evening. It didn't last much longer though.
Easter morning traditions. Here they are lining up on the stairs to come down and do the jelly bean hunt. Nathan is enjoying some of his spoils. (Actually, he spent the hunt cramming as many jelly beans in his mouth as he could, then not swallowing them. Yep, half chewed and wet, sticky jelly beans all over.) And here are the kids helping to make our "Resurrection Rolls" that became a tradition about four or five years ago. They are a marshmallow dipped in melted butter and cinnamon sugar and then rolled into a crescent so when they are baked, the marshmallow has melted and they represent the empty tomb when Jesus was resurrected.
More Easter traditions. I like to have fresh strawberry pie for our Easter dinner. We also like to have homemade rolls for every holiday dinner, Easter included. They just looked so beautiful this time that I decided to take a picture. And of course, we have to have the obligatory family photo in our new Easter garb. I made the girls dresses. I also made myself a skirt, but it didn't fit, so I didn't actually wear it to church. I have to take it in a little on the sides. I bought the boys new ties too. I like this tradition, but I'm not sure my family is so keen on it. Maybe I need to start looking at individualizing it a little bit. Something to think about.







No comments:
Post a Comment