Friday, May 31, 2024

Nashville

Westley and I were able to make a trip to Nashville at the end of May after he got home from his mission. I have always wanted to go and we both love country music. Since it's the country music capital, we thought it would be a great place to go.

The trip itself did not start out well as the morning we were supposed to leave, a severe thunderstorm swept through DFW and our flight was canceled.  We got stuck at the airport trying to rebook our flight.  After we finally took care of that, we weren't able to get home because Corey was gone at work.  We tried to take the train home, but the trains were not running because of a power outage.  I posted on Facebook about being stranded and Liz Loveless saw it and was able to come pick us up and bring us home.  Our flight left the next day.  I had to rebook everything out a day because we were only going to be in Nashville for a couple of days.  

We got to Nashville and were staying at a hotel in Franklin.  Westley had met this girl Megan, sister missionary also going home, (don't remember her last name) on his flight home from his mission who was from Franklin TN.  We were able to meet up with her and go to this huge Used book and music store and just explore.  We also had breakfast with her.  We spent a day walking around on Broadway and listened to music and checked out shops.  We went to the Country Music Hall of Fame and the print shop, Hatch Show Print.  We also went on a tour to the studio where Elvis recorded, RCA Studio B.  We also drove out to the Grand Ole Opry and walked around.  I'd love to try and go back for an actual show there. 

We went to the Nashville Temple and we also went to the Nashville Parthenon.  On the last day, our flight was delayed by several hours so we decided to go on a drive outside of Nashville in the countryside for a few hours.  That was also pretty fun.  

The trip home was pretty crazy too--the flight got delayed again and the scanner wouldn't read my ticket at security so I had to go back to the ticket check-in and print a ticket.  When I came back to security, they didn't even look at my ticket, only my ID!  It was crazy!  We got to listen to a performer in the airport too while we waited for our delayed flight home, which changed gates about three times.  We were almost to the point where we were going to rent a car and drive  home.  But we ended up making it home on the flight.  It was a great trip and I love Nashville!
 


 





No comments: