Sunday, January 19, 2025

Texas Prime Meet

Annmarie had her second gymnastics meet.  This was was in Irving at a huge convention center.  She is the only level 7 on her team, so she competes by herself.  This meet, she had a fall on bars, and although she recovered well and kept going, it meant a lower score. Her highest score was floor at 9.05, but she didn't place in any events or even for the All Around.  

One cool thing that happened at this meet though was seeing Coach Mila that used to be one of the owners of Jonah's gym when he was competing.  When she was competing, her name was Ludmila Eschova, but she married Igor Grebenkov and became Mila Grebenkova.  Anyhow, the screen before the meet started was displaying trivia about former gymnasts and one of the trivia questions was about her--she was the answer to the question.  I thought it pretty amazing that the person who was the answer to one of the questions was right there at the meet and I think I was the only person who even noticed.





No comments: