Thursday, December 28, 2006

Kids Say the Darndest Things

I'm reminiscing on today's funny comments by Westley. This morning, when he was getting out of bed, he was bringing his ducky with him. His ducky is a once-plush rag-like yellow thing with a duck head and some arms. There is a silky orange heart in one corner that he likes to rub as he's falling asleep. Anyway, I told him to leave ducky on his bed, since I'm sick of having to rummage through the house for it at naptime and bedtime. I took Ducky out of his hands and tossed it back on the bed. Westley screamed and I told him to be quiet. Then he said, "That was Ducky screaming, Mom, because you were strangling him." What?!?

Another funny thing he said about his ducky. After nap, he brought ducky out of his room and came to the table for a snack. He put his ducky on the table. He is not allowed to do this--we don't allow the kids to put their toys on the kitchen table. Anyway, I told him to move his ducky and he responded with, "I have to put Ducky on the table so Snoopy won't pee on him." Our dog, Snoopy, hasn't peed on the kids' toys EVER. I don't know where he got that idea!

Then tonight at dinner, after his second serving of tuna casserole, he pointed to his stomach and said to me, "My tummy is big because it has food in it now. But it's not too big. I can have more caterpillar casserole" (which is what he calls tuna casserole because of the rotini pasta I use).

As I was leaving his room at bedtime, I said, "Goodnight, sleep tight," and he responded with, "Don't let the bugs bite." I don't remember ever saying this little rhyme to him because he is scared of bugs. I thought it was funny that he said that.

Kids sure say funny things sometime!

No comments: