Friday, December 22, 2006

The Past 10 Years

I decided to follow in my brother's footsteps and review the past 10 years as he did. It's interesting to see where the past 10 years has taken me: who I was then to who I am now and such.

The Past Ten Years:

One Year Ago (Dec 2005):

We had just moved into our new house in Queen Creek after waiting 9 months for it to be built. It took tremendous effort to get financing because we were required to show that we had a certain amount in savings. I'm not even sure how we did it--it was a miracle!

Two Years Ago (Dec 2004):
I had just had my second baby, Caleb Hansen, in October. We were living in Prescott and Corey was still a fourth manager at the new In-N-Out there. I had also just started my Children's Writing Course.

Three Years Ago (Dec 2003):
Westley was 7 months old and we were living in Southern California with Corey's mom, Marti. I was substitute teaching while Corey was working full-time at In-N-Out, trying to figure out what he wanted to do for schooling and looking at going into management.

Four Years Ago (Dec 2002):
We were living in Idaho Falls, ID. I was pregnant with Westley and very sick, and trying to juggle teaching a bilingual kindergarten with my morning sickness. Corey was working two jobs--at Sears in the shipping and receiving and as a teacher's aide in the 2nd grade at my school. Fortunately, he worked across the hall from me, and that was helpful having him so close by several hours every day.

Five Years Ago (Dec 2001):
Corey and I were celebrating our first six months of marriage, having gotten married in June. I was in my 2nd year of teaching 2nd grade at Vista San Gabriel Elementary in Palmdale, CA in the Wilsona School District. Corey was in his second year at the junior college in Lancaster and had finished up his football season. He was also working part time at In-N-Out.

Six Years Ago (Dec 2000):
I was in my first year of teaching 2nd grade at Vista San Gabriel Elementary in the Wilsona School District. I had just begun dating Corey (our first date was Dec 9, Corey's 22nd birthday). I was living in my own apartment in Lancaster, a cute little one bedroom, one bath. It was great having my own place!

Seven Years Ago (Dec 1999):
My parents found out they would be moving to Battle Creek, Michigan. I was in my final year at BYU, getting ready to start my semester of student teaching. I lived in Regency apt 23 with some great roommates.

Eight Years Ago (Dec 1998):
I was just getting ready to start my first semester of the Elementary Education program. I was moving from Allred Apartments south of campus to the Branbury apartments further away. I was still working as a secretary in the Chemistry Department. I was also celebrating my 21st birthday.

Nine Years Ago (Dec 1997):
I was living in Belmont #13 with great roommates and pining away because I had a missionary out. It was my second year at BYU and my first year working in the Chemistry Department, one of the most favorite jobs I ever had (because of who I got to work with). My family was still living in South Jordan and I made frequent visits home via UTA bus.

Ten Years Ago (Dec 1996):
I was living in the dorms (Deseret Towers) at BYU and finishing my first semester of college. I think I was quite stressed out by all the exams. I had just declared my major and was adjusting to college life.

That is a recap of the last ten years. Now that I look at it...not too interesting. Oh well. Guess some people just lead boring lives....

No comments: