So Caleb is still potty training. He started last June with it and seemed to be getting it, but then sort of went in reverse in August, then after his surgery in October, started getting the hang of it again. On Sunday, we ran out of the diapers he was wearing for naps and night, so we told him that he had to start wearing underwear to bed and naps. He stayed dry that day at nap, so we were excited to try the night. He didn't stay dry, but he didn't get very wet. The sheets weren't even wet, so we thought we were on the road to success...
Think again.
He went to bed last night in his underwear. Corey was at work, so it was just me to hold down the fort. I went to bed at 8 pm. At 1:30 am, I woke up suddenly. I noticed a light coming from under our bedroom door, so I peeked out in the hall to see what was going on.
Scene: The boys' bedroom light is on as well as the bathroom light. The wood blinds in their bedroom are wide open, exposing everything in that room to the street. And there sits Caleb right in the middle of the room, completely naked.
Mom: Caleb, did you pee in your bed?
Caleb (his voice low and croaky): Yes.
Mom: Why didn't you come to my room?
Caleb: Didn't want to wake you up.
I change the sheets and start to help him put clean pajamas on.
Mom: Go potty.
Caleb: No. Travis sleeping.
So the whole thing boils down to him not wanting to bother me or wake up his brother! At least he's thoughtful...
He's thoughtful, but I'm exhausted!
At least he slept until 6:30 this morning, instead of the usual 5:30. Amazingly enough, Westley slept through the whole charade.
2 comments:
Poor, poor Jenna, I do not envy your situation, but it was very cute that Caleb was being so concerned with his brother and you.!! Always think Positive right.
I feel your pain. I'm experiencing something very similar with Tyler right now. Wish I could help you out in some way!
Post a Comment