Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Botched Haircut

Westley hates getting his haircut. I can understand why. When we first started doing it at home, Corey would strip him down to the waist and shave his head, causing the hair to fall all over him and itch. After cutting the hair, Corey would throw him in the shower to rinse it all off--another unpleasant part. So it's no wonder the kid doesn't like haircuts.

On Saturday, Corey took him to this place called Sport Clips where he likes to have his hair cut. When they called Westley to the chair and put the cape on him, he pulled it off. They finally got it back on him, but he kept pushing it up around his head. Then, Corey sat him on his lap and held his arms down, but Westley kept dodging the razor. They gave up and Corey and Westley came home.

His hair was looking pretty shaggy, so I told Westley that I would do it myself. Amazingly, he actually agreed , but told me he wanted Daddy to do it. So on Sunday morning, Corey took the razor and cut Westley's hair, leaving it longer on top and shaving the sides. But it didn't look very good. So I also tried to clean it up a little, but it still looked pretty bad.

If you look closely, his hair is shaggier on one side than the other, the front is all uneven, and the line around his head looks pretty bad (where it goes from longer to shorter). We told him next time, he should let the professional do it!

1 comment:

PC said...

I have hopes that Eve will start cutting my hair, learning curve or no.

I love the new look of your blog! Very pleasant to the eyes.