Eliza started out the day seeming pretty listless. She ate some applesauce for breakfast, but didn't perk up after that. She carried her water cup with her all morning, but pretty much spent it laying on the couch with her blanket. She doesn't usually just lay there--she's so active and climbing all over the place, it didn't seem right, so I took her in to the doctor for dehydration. He thought she was a little dehydrated, but not ER-worthy, so he told me to try continuing to feed her the BRAT diet (of which she'll only eat applesauce if it's spoon-fed to her). So we went home, stopping at Walmart to buy Gatorade (1/2 Gatorade, 1/2 water was a suggestion of the doctor) and some Pedialyte and some instant mashed potatoes (another suggestion in addition to the BRAT diet--she actually likes potatoes too!). She seems much better this evening after downing 2 sippy cups of the Pedialyte and eating a regular lunch and even a snack earlier today. She didn't eat much dinner, but she seems to have perked up quite a bit.
But anyway, that's not what this post is about, I just wanted to update you all on her. So after dinner, I was getting Travis into his pajamas, which, of course, includes changing his diaper. I had already folded shut the old diaper and put on the new one and was helping him into his pajamas, when I noticed Eliza playing with a diaper. I thought, that's funny, Travis' old diaper is right next to me, he's wearing his new one, and her clean diaper (she was next in the pajama line) is still on top of the shelf.
I finished with Travis and went over to see what was going on, and she was crouched over, playing with a diaper. Turns out, she had taken off her diaper (which was still dry and clean) and was pooping (remember, she still has diarrhea) on the carpet. I'm not sure how she managed to get it off, she's never pulled it off before! Of course she decides to master that skill when she has diarrhea! I can just see her little mind Here's a fun present for Mommy, muahaha! No, I know she didn't think that, but it was not fun to clean that one up, let me tell you.
So here's Caleb's story. This morning, right before Corey left to do his observations at the school, I walked by the thermostat. The air had been running all morning, and I was kind of cold, so I glanced at it and saw that it was set on 69! I though, gee, no wonder it's cold! So I started arrowing up to a higher temp, when I noticed that it wasn't even set to cool but to warm. The heater was on (but only on 69!). So I turned that to cool, thinking that after I had arrowed up to 80 the air would turn off, but it didn't. Then I noticed that not only had it been on heat, but it was on ON, not auto.
Now, I'm generally the only one who touches the thermostat in our house because I'm always too hot or too cold and I keep changing it, trying to find the best setting. I know that it wasn't on constant when I went to bed last night, I'm pretty sure it wasn't running at that point at all. Corey hadn't touched it, and I was wondering out loud what had happened, when Caleb said, "It was me, Mom. I changed it. I got cold last night so I changed it." He had gotten the bathroom stool and stood on that while randomly touching buttons and levers until he thought that it wouldn't be too cold anymore!
I told him, "next time you're too cold, turn off the fan in the room first, and then if you're still too cold, come and get me and I'll help you with it. Only Mommy or Daddy touch the thermostat."
Hopefully he'll remember that!
No comments:
Post a Comment