Monday, March 23, 2009

Sad

Today I'm feeling very sad. I just learned this afternoon of a family out here in Queen Creek who lost their fifth child, an 8-month-old boy, to SIDS just this past week. My heart goes out to them in their time of trial. I am reminded of the Gospel and the beautiful blessing of eternal families. It brings such peace in dark times like these to know that through the sealing power, we can see our dear loved ones again, and, in this case, they can raise their precious child, in the life hereafter. I think that the salvation of little children and the doctrine of eternal families are among the most beautiful doctrines we have.

1 comment:

Devin & Ruthann said...

The family is in my parents ward so I heard about that too. I totally balled when I read their blog. So sad, but yes, what a blessing the gospel is!