Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Sweet Siblings
I just love that my children love each other and freely share their affections! For bedtime, each child chooses one book and I read to each of them. While they're waiting, they look at their book, either alone or with each other. Westley is reading, of course, so he often reads his book to himself before I read it to him. Tonight, though, Eliza demanded on joining us for books. I went to take her to her bed while the boys were just choosing their books and she threw a fit, wanting to choose a book herself, so I brought her back in with us and she chose a book and settled down with it while I read Travis his book. Then, while I was reading Caleb his book, Westley had already finished reading his over once, so he took Eliza's book, took her by the hand, and went to another corner of the room and sat down with her in his lap and read her book to her. It was so sweet! I just wanted to go and squeeze and cuddle those cuties, and I had a hard time reading Caleb his book because I was so focused on watching the exchange between Westley and Eliza. He was so patient with her and let her touch the pictures and talk to him while he read the counting board book. If only I'd had quick access to a camera, but I knew that jumping up and running for it would have disrupted the moment, so I just watched quietly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You have the cutest kids. I haven't heard more precious moments from anyone I know. Count your cute blessings! :)
Post a Comment