I have forgotten my camera a lot lately, so I have no pictures to go with these fun events. :(
On Friday, July 24th, I took the night off. Corey got home from work early because he had to go to the eye doctor for his horrible eye infection that lasted forever. It's finally gone now because the eye doctor gave him the right medication. Anyway, he got home and I took off to meet my mom in Mesa for dinner. We went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner and then went to this gelato place my parents love for dessert. I had the passion fruit gelato and it was scrumptious. After dinner, we went back and visited at my mom's house for a little bit. My dad had gone to San Diego for the day to take something to my brother, so we timed it just right.
After dinner, I left and picked my friend Lindsey up for ice skating. Yes, ice skating. She had called me the day before asking if we could get together because she needed a break, and I knew I could use one, so we decided to do something active instead of just going to dinner and a movie or getting our nails done. We both searched the web and found the same place in Tempe called Oceanside Ice Arena, which had a "open skate" on Friday nights from 8-10 pm. I haven't been skating since high school sometime, so I was rusty and I'll admit, the skates kind of hurt my feet. We really didn't try anything, we just skated around and talked. It was nice because we were inside a freezing ice arena when temperatures outside were still over 100.
I hope I can find friends in Utah who enjoy being active like me and would rather go ice skating than get a pedicure. Not that pedicures aren't nice, but sometimes a little bit of exercise can really cleanse the soul!
1 comment:
I agree. I'd rather exercise than go to a movie any day! =) Sounds like you had fun.
Post a Comment