Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Water Park Wednesday

Westley had a half day of school today. Corey's sister Leslie and her two kids, Felicity (6) and Savannah (1) have been out in Arizona this week staying with Corey's other sister Jamie, who lives in Casa Grande. So they came up for the afternoon. We ate a pizza lunch and then when Westley got home from school and the babies were all up from their naps, we went over to the Mesquite Groves Water Park in Chandler, a little water park built right next to a high school. If you're ever in this part of Arizona (Chandler/Gilbert, Queen Creek, San Tan Valley), you should check it out.

We had a blast. With Corey there too, plus his sister, we were able to spread the kids out between all of us and really enjoy it. There's a lazy river and two big water slides, as well as a great kiddie play structure in the play pool, which goes to 0 depth. Since it was about 108 today, it was the perfect activity, also because it's quite cheap! It was $8 for all 4 adults and 6 kids! It was also nice to see all the people from our ward that were also there taking advantage of the half day of school.

I wish I had some pictures, and I even remembered to bring the camera, but I forgot to use it. More like I was too busy swimming to use it. I need one of those Sanyo underwater cameras that my brother (who works for Sanyo) keeps trying to get my to buy.

I'm sad that our fun-filled Wednesday is coming to a close and that Westley has a full day of school the next two days. Bah, humbug!

No comments: