Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Grandparents Day


On Wednesday, May 19th, the first graders at Westley's school put on a special program for grandparents. I first heard about it in March, so I quickly contacted both my parents and Corey's mom to see if there was any way they could take a trip up to Utah that week. My parents were able to work something out because it happened to between semesters at ASU and my mom was able to get a few days off because of that.

They drove up on Monday and Tuesday, spent Tuesday night with my mom's sister in North Salt Lake and then came over to our place on Wednesday. We went over to Westley's school and watched the program and then back to his classroom to look around and have refreshments.

Funny side story: Westley always talks about this boy named Dallin in his class at school and even went to his birthday party back in January. At this Grandparents Day, my parents happened to look up and see a woman they knew from South Jordan, Kathy, who was the young women's president when I was a senior in high school. At that moment, I made the connection that Dallin was Kathy's grandson. Small world.

Anyway, then they came back to our house and we had dinner and then went to Travis' T-ball game. They drove back to Arizona on Thursday.

It was a short trip for them, probably very much exhausting, considering the length of the drive, but Westley was thrilled to have his grandparents there!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I remember those familiar faces! I'm glad they got to come down for grandparents day!! How fun :)