Saturday, February 23, 2013

LEGO exhibit

On President's Day, we went to Park City to an art museum for an exhibit of sculptures made out of LEGO's.  I can't remember the artist, but I saw a little clip about it on the news a week or so ago and decided that's what the kids and I would do when they were off school for the holiday.  The great thing about it was that it was free--the only money I spent was for gas to get there and back!

The best part of the whole day was the kids helping me get ready to go.  I wanted to leave by 9 am so we could get there right around 10 am, when the museum opened.  At about 8:30, I was heading up the stairs to shower, so I told the kids that if they wanted to go see the LEGO exhibit, they needed to get things ready to go.  I gave instructions to them about making lunch for all of us to bring, getting Jonah dressed and ready, and getting themselves ready with their shoes and coats.  When I came downstairs about twenty minutes later, expecting to find chaos, what I found was that the lunch was completely made (sandwiches for everyone, all wrapped and in the cooler, cut and washed strawberries, apple slices, fruit snacks, and desserts, plus all the water bottles filled and in the cooler too).  I found that all the kids were ready to go with their coats on and shoes and even Jonah was ready.  When we went out to the car, the older boys put the stroller in the back for me and made sure to bring Jonah's diaper bag backpack.  And Westley had even picked out some CD's he wanted to listen to in the car and put them in my CD case, which was also already in the car.  We were able to leave right at 9 am on the dot, thanks to my good helpers.

 giant dollar 

life size cat

I took a picture of each of the kids (and Westley took one of me) next to our favorite LEGO sculpture.

Jonah liked the baseball bat and ball

Travis liked the life size kid looking in a puddle at his reflection

Caleb liked Mount Rushmore

Eliza liked the fairy tale pop-up book.  There was even a story written down the sides

Mom liked the giant pencil

Westley liked the giant crayons

It was a really cool exhibit and we had a good morning.  We were even home by noon.  The drive was beautiful, the weather was decent.  It was great.

No comments: