School got out on June 5th. Our school transitioned from a traditional calendar to a year round calendar over the summer. So school for the kids started at the end of July instead of the end of August. We were put on A track, which is what I wanted. We had one full week off of school before we took our trip to Arizona and California. When we got home, we had exactly one month left of summer.
Normally I am all about doing summer learning. This summer, I was just coping and surviving with a sixth child who was a new baby. So we didn't do any summer learning and I barely managed to get them doing school work practice and reading. We did try to go swimming every day and had purchased a pool pass. We didn't really do anything else big besides our trip. We just took it easy and relaxed. Sad about a short summer break, but what can you do?




No comments:
Post a Comment