Tuesday, December 23, 2025

Mom's Birthday and Messiah Concert

My birthday celebration was nice. We had our Christmas program in Sacrament meeting at church. The choir sang a number and I played the piano (I'm the accompanist, that is my new calling, released from YW in September). I also played a cello/violin duet with Eric Whetten. My parents came over for dinner that night, which was chicken cordon bleu. Dessert was angel food cake with whipped cream and strawberries. The best part was that Westley, Alejandra and Caleb got into town in time for dinner, so they ate with us as well. On Tuesday, the Dallas Bach Society was doing Handel's Messiah at the Meyerson in Dallas. I've always wanted to see Handel's Messiah performed in its entirety by a choir and orchestra. This wa the perfect opportunity. So I bought tickets for me and Corey, Westley and Alejandra, and Caleb and Eliza. But Eliza ended up not getting the night off work, so we ended up finding a blind date for Caleb instead, Eva Shipp from the 3rd ward. It was a nice evening and I really enjoyed the concert.






 

No comments: