Tuesday morning was our last day there. Our flight was leaving at 2:15 pm, and we had to get the rental car returned by about noon. So we went swimming at about 8 am before leaving Jordan and Andrea's.
Westley was super grouchy carrying his backpack and pulling his suitcase at the airport. We had lunch in the terminal and then boarded the plane. Corey was with Westley and Caleb and Travis in row 31 (by the engine--so no view again) and I was up a few rows with Eliza. After the flight, I found out that Westley had gotten sick on the plane with what Hannah'd had the day before (high fever, sore throat, stomachache). She'd been checked that morning and it wasn't strep, just a viral infection. Westley was really feeling lousy, and while we were waiting for our luggage, he just laid on the bench and moaned while Travis and Caleb ran all over the place and Eliza cried because she was tired. Then we found out that Westley's suitcase hadn't come on that flight. So, to top off him not feeling well, he didn't even have his special star blanket, the one Aunt Ruth made him when he was a baby, to comfort him. He even had to go to bed without it. The airline dropped off the suitcase at the house at about 11:15, though, so Corey went and gave Westley his blanket. I'm just glad they found the suitcase! Anyway, we got home, had In-N-Out for dinner, and unpacked.
We really had fun! I loved being in Dallas and remembering all the sights, sounds and smells on that day at Mimosa Park, which really brought me down memory lane. Corey and I both thought Dallas was beautiful. It was a lot of fun to spend time with the Dallas Fowles and get to know them better and have cousins getting to know each other. Hopefully we'll get to visit them again there in the future. Now it's back to reality...
4 comments:
so glad you had a wonderful texas trip!! i'm sad our trips didn't coincide a little better...we missed you by about a month!! i loved hearing about all your adventures and where you ate!! i miss the lone star state!!!
glad to hear you're back safe and sound!
All the pics turned out SO cute!! What cute kids we have, right?!!! We sure had a great time with you. It was great. Can you possibly send me the pics too so I can blog some of them? That would be swell! Love ya!
Maybe another summer we can get our trips to coincide, though I'm sure the next time we go we'll be driving (maybe by then we'll be living there...). I'll get the pics to you Andrea as soon as I can figure out the best way to do it!
What a fun time with family! I guess I am jealous, because we haven't gone anywhere all summer..unless you count moving into town..i guess that has been a vacation in and of itself!
Post a Comment