It was quite a day. Both the Caleb and Travis injuries happened today.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Childhood War Injuries
Here are some of our recent injuries you get from just being a kid:
Last week, Westley scraped the whole side of his body when he tried to do a back flip off the diving board after seeing Daddy do one. Mostly he just jumped backwards but not far enough. Needless to say, he didn't try another back flip.
Travis burned his hand today on my curling iron. I had just showered for the day (hadn't earlier, knowing I'd be in the pool in the early afternoon), and it was about 2:30 pm. We were going to take the kids to the mall to play and walk around, just to get out of the house. My curling iron was heating up so I could fix my hair, and I had put the gate up in our bedroom doorway to keep the kids out because of the hot curling iron. Travis climbed over the gate and went in the room when nobody was watching and the minute I heard him cry, I knew he had touched my curling iron. It happened to Westley at about the same age, only Westley's burn was worse, I think.
Travis and Caleb watching cartoons after a rough day. Corey took Travis to Urgent Care to make sure it wasn't a serious burn, and they wrapped his hand. About ten minutes after he got home, he was taking out the garbage, and Caleb got his foot caught between the screen door and the doorframe, which gave him a jagged little cut across his whole foot.
It was quite a day. Both the Caleb and Travis injuries happened today.
It was quite a day. Both the Caleb and Travis injuries happened today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yikes! Injuries are no fun. Hope they're feeling better soon. Jeremy's excited to see Westley tomorrow.
oh jenna! i'm so sorry!! i can't believe that happened all in one day!!
i loved looking at all the cute pics of your kiddos. my boys want to come play with yours! :) maybe if y'all ever end up in texas, there will be a greater possibility of that actually happening (when we are there for a visit!) :)
Post a Comment