Thursday, June 4, 2009

Caleb's Compliment

Since children tend to be unflinchingly honest when pointing out things they notice, it's always a huge compliment when your 4-year-old son tells you that you're beautiful. Today was not one of my best days. I didn't get a shower all day and by 4:30 in the afternoon, I had my short hair pulled back in a tiny ponytail and my glasses on with no makeup whatsoever. I was getting dinner ready when Caleb came into the kitchen and said, "Mommy, you look really pretty right now." It certainly made my day!

3 comments:

Mama Chick said...

That's the best! He's a little angel.

The Bottjer Family said...

That is the best! That's true love when it comes from a child. I can't wait until Landon can talk.

Michael and Lindsey said...

You are beautiful, Jenna! But I know what you mean--kids never have a hidden agenda. They say what they mean and they mean what they say.