Monday, June 8, 2009
Egg-cellent Chefs
On Saturday, Caleb, Travis and Eliza were "helping" me make pancakes. I had put the flour mixture, the oil, and the water in the bowl, and Caleb was stirring it. I had cracked the eggs and put them in a measuring cup. I turned around to get a fork out of the drawer to slightly beat the eggs before letting Travis pour them into the batter mixture. When I turned back around to stir the eggs, they weren't there. Instead, I saw them slipping from the measuring cup in Eliza's hands right into the still-open utensil drawer. She had missed the bowl completely in her effort to help with the pancakes. So there we were, pancakes half-made, Eliza, Travis and Caleb all standing on kitchen chairs by the counter, Eliza holding a now-empty measuring cup, staring at the drawer that now housed two raw eggs. I started to laugh and couldn't stop. I took a picture with my cell phone and sent it to Corey, receiving back the message, "What the...?" Here are pictures from the incident:

Labels:
Eliza,
family fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that is hilarious!! (and I think we have the same counter top!)
Post a Comment