Corey came home early from work on Saturday and surprised us with tickets for the whole family to see "The Princess and the Frog". The last time we took the kids to a movie in the theater was in June 2006 to see "Cars". Westley was just barely 3 and Caleb was 1-1/2 and I was pregnant with Travis. I did take the kids the summer of 2008 to see a flick, I think it was "A Bee Movie" during the summer movie days in Mesa, courtesy of my friend who gave me her summer pass because she went out of town for the rest of the time, but we didn't make it through the whole movie. It was a nightmare. Of course, it was just me, a 5-year-old, a 3-year-old, a 1-year-old and a new baby because Corey was either at work or in class.
So, anyway, the kids really enjoyed it. Eliza didn't sit through all of it and Corey took her out to run around a little. The boys really liked it, and I was surprised because every time the commercial for it came on TV, Caleb would say, "yuck, girlie stuff" or something like that and so would Travis and Westley. We then hit Chick-Fil-A on the way home, or as Travis would put it, "Chick-a-flay". It was a fun surprise.
No comments:
Post a Comment