Travis went in yesterday to get his stitches out. He hit his head and cut it open on December 22nd and got six stitches. He went in on December 28th and got those stitches out. But then he and Caleb bonked his, which split the laceration open again, on January 1st, requiring 8 more stitches. He went in yesterday and got those 8 stitches out.
He cried some when the nurse took them out, because he was scared of what she was doing I think. But after she was done, he screamed and screamed. I kept asking him why he was screaming, and he wouldn't answer (Travis is very unresponsive when he chooses to be).
Later, when Daddy came home from work and Trav was showing him the cut without stitches, I told him that Travis had screamed and screamed. Daddy asked why, and Travis told him that it was because he got them out and he wanted the stitches to stay in because they were cool.
That's a boy for you!
(Chris Cagle, Chicks Dig It)
"Hey y'all.. watch this
Daddy's belt, momma's drapes
Standin' tall on the backyard shed
Lookin' cool in my superman cape
I told the the neighborhood girl
Say hey y'all watch this
My fate was a broken arm
My reward one big kiss
When daddy asked me why I did it
I made him laugh out loud when I told him
'Cause the chicks dig it
"Scars heal, glory fades
And all we're left with are the memories made
Pain hurts, but only for a minute
Yeah life is short so go on and live it
'Cause the chicks dig it..."
3 comments:
That is funny! I remember being so proud when I got stitches on my chin in Kindergarten because all my friends would see it.
I LOVE that song!! Oh Boys!!
thanks for inviting me to your blog..i love seeing waht you guys are up too! Can't wait for his lil scars to heal..take care Jenna! Miss ya!
Post a Comment