Church went from 1 pm to 9 am this year for us. When we were in Queen Creek and had church at 8 am, I would lay out the church clothes the night before, pack the Sunday bag, and just make sure everything was ready so all we had to do in the morning was get up, get dressed, eat breakfast and go.
I should really start doing that here now.
On Sunday, I had gotten up and showered and gotten dressed. After that, the kids were all up, so we got them to the table and fed them breakfast. At that point, it was about 7:50, so I went upstairs to get the Sunday clothes out so they could come up, brush their teeth and get dressed. I got the suits for the two older boys. I got Travis' vest and pants out. But when I went for the white shirts, they weren't there. Those white Sunday shirts weren't in the boys' closet, or Eliza's closet, or my closet. They weren't in my room anywhere. They weren't in the boys' dresser drawers either. I looked downstairs and upstairs, in the laundry closet, everywhere. I could not find the white Sunday shirts.
Corey saved the day. He found them. After 20 minutes of searching everywhere, he found them in the costume box in the toy room. Who'd have thought? Because they went from the wash on Monday into the costume box somehow, they were all wrinkled. We had to iron them. Our fabulous plan to have be completely ready by 8:30 to have scripture reading and prayer and then casually walk out the door was not happening.
Next week, those shirts will be ironed and ready on Saturday night, for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment