Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Cutest Little Girl in the World

Well, we think so anyway. I have a lot to blog about and catch up on and I hope to do one or two posts every day for the next several days. Today I'm going to blog about Eliza, who is just so darn cute.

Eliza is 2 years and 3 months now. A couple weeks ago figured out how to both climb out of her crib and open doors in the same day. We would just use doorknob covers, but the problem is that the boys still can't open those, so we wouldn't be able to just send them upstairs to get something because we'd have to open the door for them. So, we're just trying to teach her to not go into the rooms with the doors closed. As for climbing out of the crib--we went shopping today for a new bunkbed for the kids and a new mattress for us. As soon as we get that tax money, we will go buy the ones we looked at. They are at IKEA and always that price, so a few more weeks will be fine to wait. We are going to have Westley and Eliza share a room for now and Travis and Caleb share the other one.

Eliza is also talking up a storm. She loves to sing and dance too. She is just such a joy and everyone who meets her tells us that she is the cutest little girl ever. Her brothers adore her and hug and kiss her any time they get the chance.

And she is SO girlie! She loves princesses (Cinderella is her favorite) and loves to dress up. She's funny because she'll ask me to make her hair pretty and then she cries when I do it because she doesn't like all the pulling and combing. But she insists on a bow every time I do put her hair up too. And she loves shoes and spends hours just trying on all her different shoes--real and play shoes.

Having a little girl is SO different than those boys, that's for sure!
Eliza on the little carousel at Chuck E. Cheese. She loved the pink horse.

Eliza on our walk around the block

Showing off her pretty hair on Sunday (after church, so it's a little messy)

I was trying to take a picture of her hair, first time in low pigtails (it's getting quite long in the back!), but she wouldn't hold still, this was the best I could get.

1 comment:

BYU Hottie said...

What a sweetheart. I love her high little voice and how she loves to talk. It's also fun to see how tough she is despite how girly she acts. :)