Thursday, September 30, 2010

Busy Weekend

The last weekend of September was a busy one for us. Travis' birthday was on the Thursday just before it. Then, on Friday, the 24th, Corey and I went to Aspen Grove to a marriage retreat. Apparently they have several of these marriage retreats there every year. It was overnight and we stayed in one of the cabins. If we do it again, we'll probably stay in the lodge. We didn't realize there were no facilities in the individual cabins (the website doesn't really give that much information) and trekking to the bathrooms 5-6 times during the freezing cold night because of the pregnancy was not much fun for me. Plus, I really don't like venturing out in the dark like that, even with a flashlight, so I made Corey go with me every time.

Anyway, part of the retreat was attending workshops on marriage and family. This year the speaker was Brad Wilcox. He was very good and we enjoyed it very much. The food was also very good--we enjoyed dinner on Friday night and then breakfast Saturday morning. Lunch was on the agenda, but because we were literally up all night going to the bathroom, we were both very tired, so we left after the first workshop on Saturday. (Hey, I wasn't pregnant when I booked us for this little excursion!)

My cousin stayed with our kids overnight, and we are so grateful she was able to do that! And the kids loved her. We came home a bit early, so she was able to have time to get ready for her day and take off to a wedding reception she wanted to attend. We were able to get in some naps before heading back down to BYU for the BYU-Nevada football game as a family. The kids were really excited and loved the atmosphere. They were able to spot out Cosmo (the cougar--BYU's mascot) no matter where he was in the stadium from how high up we were, and I couldn't even find him even after they had pointed him out! We left at half time and went to Brick Oven for dinner and then headed back up to home. It was a very busy weekend and we were exhausted by Saturday night!



No comments: