The first day of school was August 26th. Westley started 2nd grade. Caleb started kindergarten this year, but he didn't actually start school until September 3rd. They had the kindergarten doing testing and meeting with the teacher one-on-one during the whole first week of school.
Caleb is in afternoon kindergarten (they have half-day here) and he just loves it. When he went in for the testing, I was told that he knew more than they expect them to know coming into kindergarten. I was glad of that. The results also came back, though, that he didn't know it all, so he has something to learn and probably won't be bored, like Westley was.
So far this year, I like both teachers that the boys have. I think it will be a good school year.
He didn't want us to stay, so we walked him in and left, walking past all the parents who had children clinging to them, crying, while Caleb played happily on the playground, not even looking back. We are so glad that our children (so far) are so independent and eager to start something new.
Caleb is also thrilled that he gets to ride the bus home from school with Westley. And I like that they get to ride the bus still, since most buses for our school were canceled this year with the budget cuts.


No comments:
Post a Comment