Saturday, June 18, 2016

Another Week of Summer Flying By

I got pictures of Caleb, Travis, Eliza and Jonah cooking this week. Some of the foods that are pictured include muffins, one-eyed toast, hot dogs, beef stew, French toast, tacos, cutting up vegetables, Italian chicken, and grilled cheese sandwiches. We are trying to vary it up by not having the same thing twice in a week. One day a week is always pizza, so the kids rotate days too. I am really enjoying teaching them to cook and they are developing life skills. Plus they are learning how much effort goes into planning and cooking a meal and more appreciative of everyone's efforts. I love this system!

This week our upstairs air conditioning went out.  There were several days between when it went out and it got repaired.  We spent one night trying to bear the heat upstairs but the next two nights, we all slept downstairs.  By the second night, the downstairs AC was having a little trouble too, trying to keep up.  Thank goodness it hasn't gone out yet as well.  It was a costly repair and I'm not happy about that, but I am so grateful that it got fixed.  We made the best of it and the kids had fun sleeping in the front room all together.

I also want to start a weekly field trip this summer.  Every Friday we go to somewhere for a day trip.  This first week we went to White Rock Lake with some of our cousins.  It was pretty warm, but we had a good time.

And of course, we went swimming.  We got a picture of all the Texas grandkids to send to Grandpa for Father's Day.  















No comments: