Saturday, October 28, 2017

October Miscellanous Fun

Westley had some dress up days the week of Homecoming for spirit week.  One of the days they had to dress up as a movie character.  He chose to dress up as Squints from "The Sand Lot".  I thought that was such a great idea and a super easy costume!

Eliza has worked really hard since second grade to make the Principal's Honor Roll.  That is where they go for the entire grading period with 95 and higher in every school subject.  For the past two years, she's gotten so close every time, always missing it by one grade in one subject, and usually that grade is a 94.  This time around, she finally got it!  Her hard work paid off.  She was thrilled and proud of herself.

Jonah also earned a Good Effort award in first grade from this first nine weeks of school.  He is a good student who works hard and follows directions.  Way to go, Jonah!

Annmarie loved the cookie she got from her sunbeam teachers for the primary program.  She loves Sunbeams and church.

The kids were playing outside and Nathan was just too cute in his hat and gloves, so I took a picture.  I am glad that my older kids watch the younger ones so well.  I'm so busy with teaching piano after school that I'm hardly ever able to take them out myself, so it's good that Nathan and Annmarie have older siblings who do it for me.


Eliza really wanted her hair cut, but money is tight and $16-$20 for a haircut wasn't in the budget, so I did it myself.  I did a pretty good job too, and I'm proud of myself for being thrifty and still making her look good.  I cut off about six inches of hair.  I didn't realize it had gotten so long!

No comments: